Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Hate is a pretty strong word. As a friend just this past Saturday said to me "I don't see how anyone can claim to be a Christian and support the Democratic Party's platform."

    Very true on all accounts. No party and no person is perfect. Both have their skeletons locked away somewhere. The national party platform is also what I have a problem with in relation to the democratic party. Each individual just has to decide what they believe in and what they stand for and choose the candidate which most closely resembles that...or atleast appears to do so. Thats all we can do folks. No candidate and no party is going to be perfect and no candidate is going to match up with everything each individual voter believes. As bad as the system seems to be at times I think its safe to say it could be alot worse.
    While I agree with his statement, I also recognize that there is plenty in the Republican Party that bears scrutiny.
    I don't hate Democrats, nor do I even dislike them. But I do have a strong aversion to their national platform.

    [/ QUOTE ]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    I wouldn't use hate. It's too strong. I would use annoyance.

    I am annoyed by a lot of democrats thinking they have to belittle the republicans' views by calling them oppressive bigots. I am also annoyed by some from my own party thinking they have to belittle the democrats' views by calling them gay lovers and baby killers. But I don't democrats. I have to admit that I am annoyed by people of both parties.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    I guess you'd better start hating Democrats too, since the bill passed the House with only 2 No votes.

    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2006/roll127.xml

    Annnnnnnnd, it passed the Senate 98-0.

    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...amp;vote=00249
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    Could that be because it was tied to a Port Authority bill? Again excuse me for not wanting to be politically correct to all the people who told me not to use the word hate.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Could that be because it was tied to a Port Authority bill? Again excuse me for not wanting to be politically correct to all the people who told me not to use the word hate.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    You included ME when you said your "hatred" for Republicans just increased. As far as I know, we've never met, so how could you hate me???
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    Sorry didn't realize you took it in a literal sense. Forgot where I lived for a moment I apologize. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    Even hate your old buddy Burrhead. Geeshhhhhhh [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    "Hate" is a word I pretty much try to exclude from my vocabulary. If I use it too loosely, I can make it take on a negative mirror image of "love".
    Just ragging on you a bit, but its a carryover from the days of preaching to my kids about how carefully they should choose their words. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •